The Vita version of the 2009 PlayStation 3 retro-style gravity-shooter, Gravity Crash, will release in July, Just Add Water has announced.
The digital-only game titled Gravity Crash Ultra features an improved graphics engine which runs at a "steady 60 frames per second," and includes new textures, lighting and particles.
The GUI has been streamlined for the Vita's portable touchscreen, with three new ship designs "representing each of the difficulty levels", including a new anti-gravity ship for easy mode.
Gravity Crash's level editor has returned as well with a new touch-interface and the ability to share creations with others.
A small update to the original Gravity Crash on PS3 will provide the ability to share creations across platforms.
A list of changes found in Gravity Crash Ultra:
• 60 FPS, native resolution gameplay
• New improved graphics renderer
• Particles “turned up to 11”, meaning bigger guns, bigger explosions
• Improved weapons VFX
• Improved landscape and lighting effects
• Better visual effects
• Improved radar
• New logo to reflect the new title
• New GUI graphics
• New "anti-grav" space ship
• Three ships used to give difficulty levels
• Mission notification system improved
• Better audio throughout the game
• Remixed soundtrack by CoLDSToRAGE
• New pickup voice-over
• Create & share levels with the PS3 version
Gravity Crash Ultra will be available on the PlayStation Network Store.