Polyphony has served up a number of new downloads for Gran Turismo 5, all due in next week's PlayStation Store update.
Car Pack 2 will go for $3.99 or local equivalent, and adds the 2011 Mini Cooper S, 2010 Volkswagen Golf VI R, 2010 Volkswagen Scirocco R, and the 2012 Nissan GT-R Black edition R35.
Another new piece of DLC, the Family Upgrade, allows players to unlock already-purchased DLC content for all users on a particular PlayStation 3 - not just the one who purchased it. It's free, too - good news for siblings et al.
If you bought any of the past DLC packs, you'll be also be rewarded with a Gran Turismo Racing Kart 125 SP and five New Car Refresh cards to use in-game.
Along with the DLC, Polyphony has also whipped up a new title update, bringing the game to version 2.02. The US PS Blog offers the following sample of some of the tweaks included in the patch, but it's worth noting that the patch also offers a free Toyota FT-86 2012 for your collection.
- Users can now change wheels on Standard cars
- The settings sheets will include a new ‘copy’ feature
- In GT Auto, players will be able to see how the oil changes, aerodynamic parts, engine overhauls, and racing modifications will affect performance points and engine power, before and after their application
- Free coupons have been added that allow you to wash cars, change oil, overhaul your engine, or refresh the car body in GT Auto (10 coupons will be distributed for free to each of those who have downloaded the 2.02 update)
- Pressing the Square button in the car coupon selection screen of the Car Delivery will now allow you to exchange all car coupons at once, rather than doing one at a time
- In screens where the [Garage] and [Driver List] buttons are displayed in the A/B Spec events, Special Events, and Seasonal Events, pressing the Square button will now show the [Garage], and pressing the Triangle button will bring up the drivers list
In My Lounge, the room settings will feature a new ‘Max. number of participants’ setting
- In the event selection screen of seasonal events, there are now ☆(star) marks that show the number of Gold Trophies attained in each event
- Improved racing sound effects
- Elements of the steering assist controls (used when using certain controllers on Racing Karts) have been tweaked