Kotaku has posted a Gears of War 3 video of its time in the multiplayer beta of the game.
It has also listed a few of the cosmetic unlocks that will carry over into the final game from the beta.
- Flaming Hammerburst — Complete one match by Sunday, April 24 to permanently unlock.
- Flaming Lancer — Complete one match during the week of April 25 to permanently unlock.
- Flaming Sawed-Off Shotgun — Complete one match during the week of May 2 to permanently unlock.
- Flaming Gnasher Shotgun — Complete one match during the week of May 9 to permanently unlock.
- Beta Tester Medal — Wear it proudly, Gear. Complete one match in the Beta to permanently unlock.
- Thrashball Cole — Unlock Thrashball Cole to play as Augustus Cole as he was before Emergence Day — a legendary Thrashball athlete known for his ferocious, flamboyant style. Complete 50 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period. To permanently unlock, complete 10 matches as Thrashball Cole during the Beta period.
- Gold-Plated Retro Lancer — Before the chainsaw bayonet was deployed at the beginning of the Locust-Human War, the original Lancer assault rifle had a large fixed blade. Complete 90 matches in any game type to unlock for the Beta period. To permanently unlock, score 100 kills with the Gold-Plated Retro Lancer during the Beta period.
To watch the video, click here.
The multiplayer beta opens April 18 to those who own Bulletstorm, April 25 to those who pre-ordered the game through GameStop, and ends on May 15.
Didn't buy Bulletstorm or pre-order Gears 3? Instead of wagging our fingers at you for not doing either, we're going to give you links that could possible net you a key anyway.
Gears 3 is out on September 20.