GameStop has announced which costume has won enough votes to be included in the Red Dead Referendum program for Red Dead Redemption.
Turns out, Deadly Assassin was the winner.
Now, those that pre-order, will get a code for the chance to earn the outfit which allows John Marsten to regenerate Dead-Eye targeting at a faster rate.
Once you redeem the code, you have to do the following to get 'yer duds:
- Win a Duel in Armadillo: Travel to the town of Armadillo, and accept the challenge to fight a duel. Just make sure to win.
- Capture or Kill Mo Van Barr: While in Armadillo, find the wanted poster for Mo Van Barr, accept the Bounty Hunting mission, and bring this notorious member of the Walton Gang to justice, dead or alive.
- Solve the Mystery of the Missing Townsfolk: People have been disappearing for weeks from the outskirts of Armadillo. Track down the clues, solve the mystery and live to tell the tale.
- Search Coot's Chapel: Find the ruins of Coot's chapel in the wilds of Cholla Springs, and search it for treasure.
- Complete the Twin Rocks Hideout: Find the legendary criminal hideout of Twin Rocks, located North of the town of Armadillo, to complete this final challenge.
This special edition of the game also comes with the original soundtrack along with special packaging.
There's a video showing off the Deadly Assassin threads through the link.
Originally set for release in April, it was announced this week that Red Dead Redemption would instead see a more "western friendly" release May 18 in the US and May 21 internationally, and also to add more polish .