Today's shorts are largely themed around nostalgia, helped along by a healthy dose of forgetfulness. Ask Pat about his memory trouble today, he won't mind.
I asked an elderly friend to supply some commentary, as provided in italics.
- Over on Destructoid, the consensus is that the new voice acting in Silent Hill HD Collection is "shitty". Everything used to be better.
- Gamefront is putting together a video (and text) walkthrough of Shadow of the Colossus in its full, HD remaster glory. Last generation games were the best.
- Check out this awesome photo of industry vet Mark Cerny showing Michael Jackson around Sega, long, long ago. In the 90's games used to be underground, and celebrities weren't dead.
- You know how Notch challenged Bethesda to a Quake III tourney over the Scrolls trademark issue? Yeah, turns out he's not very good at it and is freaking out a bit. I seem to recall being better at this game.
- Square Enix has launched a magazine! I looks quite schmick, you could have some fun cutting up the dead tree to make decorations. Remember how magazines made money before the Internet?
- There's another Wipeout game coming. Not the car kind. The other kind. That game had the best soundtrack. Not this one. The car one. The old car one.
- Steam's taking pre-orders for Modern Warfare 3, so, if you want to pre-order it, go. I don't think they'll run out though. Remember how sometimes you'd go to the shops to buy games?
- In World of Warcraft, you can make your things look like other things you prefer the look of. Only, the things have to be kind of the same things.What? I don't even know.