Fortnite patch 4.2 has dropped and it brings two limited time modes along for the ride.
Fortnite patch 4.2 gives Battle Royale players two limited time modes to take part in this week and the next.
The first is Solid Gold v2 which is now live, and all weapon drops are Legendary "all the time." This also includes the Heavy Shotgun and Legendary Burg Assault Rifle, but some weapon drops are a bit low while others have a higher drop rate chance.
Next week Fortnite Battle Royale players can take part in the Close Encounters limited time mode. It kicks off May 29 and features close quarters combat using shotguns and jetpacks. The Close Encounters mode was previously leaked.
Patch 4.2 also adds jetpacks, as previously announced, and it's the first of a new item type called backpacks.
Fortnite Save the World players can also pick up the new Outlander Hero Archaeolo-Jess from tomorrow. She has been added to the Event Store.
Below you will find the notes for Fortnite patch 4.2. We didn't include the jetpack notes because we already covered those for you here. As always, you can find the current list of known issues through the Fortnite Trello board.
And don't forget: alongside patch 4.2, Fortnite’s Week 4 Challenges are live. Be sure to give that link a click if you want a head ups on what to expect.
Fortnite patch 4.2 notes - Battle Royale
Limited Time Mode: Solid Gold v2
- All weapon drops are legendary
- Floor Drops: High chance of Hand Cannon & Suppressed Pistols. Low chance of Assault Rifle & Sniper Rifle.
- Chests: High chance of Assault Rifle, Minigun & Sniper Rifle. Low chance of Heavy Shotgun & Rocket/Grenade Launchers. No Pistols.
- Supply Drops: High chance of Rocket/Grenade Launchers, Medium chance of Sniper Rifles. Low chance of Heavy Shotgun & Assault Rifles. No Pistols.
- 50% extra stone and metal resources gained from farming.
- Stone Floor Drops increased to 60 per pickup.
- Metal Floor Drops increased to 90 per pickup.
- Increased drop rates of: Chug Jugs, Slurp Juice, Shields, all Special Grenades, Launch Pads and Campfires.
- Decreased drop rates of: Grenades, Spike Traps and Bandages.
Limited Time Mode: Close Encounters (available Friday, May 25)
- Close quarters combat with Shotguns & Jetpacks
- The only guns in this mode are the various types of Shotguns.
- Jetpacks & Heavy Shotguns can be found in Chests & Supply Drops.
- Other Shotgun types are spawned as Floor Loot.
- The storm moves in more quickly than normal mid to late game.
- Typical match length is about 15 minutes.
- Stats are enabled for this mode.
Fortnite patch 4.2 notes - Save the World
Missions and Systems
- Doubled the Weekly Limit for Flux in the Weekly Store (available Wed., May 23 at 8pm ET).
- Archaeolo-Jess, new Outlander Hero, has been added to the Event Store (available Wed., May 23 at 8pm ET).