Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn launches on PlayStation 4 next month, and to get you to drop the cash, Square Enix has detailed some of the benefits of subscribing to its upcoming MMO,
A blog post by the developer over on the PSBlog, confirmed that you won't need a PS Plus subscription in order to play the game, only the MMO subscription fees. The developer added that subscribing is the only way to get any new content that is being developed for the game.
Here are some of listed benefits that subscribers get:
- New Main Scenario Quests, continuing your story.
- Two new raids.
- New Dungeons.
- New Dungeon Hard Modes.
- New primals to fight: Leviathan and Good King Moggle-Mog XII.
- A new difficulty for primal fights, Extreme Mode.
- Player versus Player Combat.
- Treasure Hunts.
- New factions (Beast Tribes) with Daily Quests.
- Tons upon tons of new quests of all kinds.
- New customisation options for your characters.
- Tons of optimisations and new features for the game.
Square Enix also confirmed that the next beta phase will run from April 4 to April 7, and you will be able to carry your character over from this beta phase to the full game. The game launches April 14, with a subscription fee starting at £7.69/€10.99.
This, along with The Elder Scrolls Online are some of the early forays towards brining MMOs that require subscription fees to the next-gen consoles. What are your thoughts about the trend?