In probably the last of the "... in 2008" stories this year, ELSPA/Gfk-ChartTrack told MCV last Friday that EAs FIFA 09 was the best selling game in the UK all format charts.
Mario Kart came in second and Rockstar's Grand Theft Auto came in third.
However, Mario Kart was also the UKs best selling single format title of last year. In fact, in the individual SKU department, Nintendo cleaned up with Wii Fit and Wii Play coming in second and third respectively.
You can see the all format top ten after the break, and the individuals through the link.
By Mike Bowden
- FIFA 09 EA
- Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo)
- GTA IV (Rockstar)
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games (Sega)
- Wii Fit (Nintendo)
- Call of Duty: World at War (Activision)
- Wii Play (Nintendo)
- Dr Kawashima's Brain Training (Nintendo)
- Lego Indiana Jones (LucasArts)
- Carnival Funfair (2K)