Far Cry 5 has only been out a week and it's already sold gangbusters compared to previous entries.
Ubisoft said today first-week sales of Far Cry 5 are more than double Far Cry 4's in the same period. It is also the second biggest launch "ever for a Ubisoft game," following The Division, and raked in $310 million in consumer spending through the first week.
The company said Far Cry 5 is now the fastest selling title in the franchise's history, not just in the UK, with digital distribution accounting for more than 50% of sales.
Far Cry 5 players have also racked up some interesting stats: over 55,000 hours of the game have been streamed on Twitch and YouTube videos earned more than 117 million views. Both are records for a Ubisoft first-week title.
Other stats include:
- 8,651 players have been ambushed by skunks (that's never fun - trust me)
- 5.1 million fish have been caught
- 35.14 million sticks of dynamite were thrown
- The most popular fang for hire was Boomer (of course)
- 1.1 million hours of quality time has been spent with Cheeseburger the bear
- 177 million civilians have been saved
- The total distance of all shovels throw is 38.8M meters (approx. 128M feet)
You can look over the full set of week one stats, as well as some interesting development nuggets in the infographic below.
Far Cry 5 was released on March 27 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.