Euro morning news bulletin - March 8, 2011
Don't be scared of "the news." It's scared of you. Here are your headlines, campers.
- Microsoft's hiring for the next-generation Xbox, according to a Digital Foundry report. The company's hiring for a graphics hardware architect, a senior architect, performance engineer and a senior hardware design verifcation engineer.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution is set to release in August. Australian retailer EB Games has nailed an August 25 date in the country. Dates for the US, Europe and UK are expected sometime this week.
- Internet detective Superannuation has somewhat come out of retirement to find out possible details on a new Rockstar title known as Rush, which is supposedly the codename for Grand Theft Auto V.
- Sales of BioWare's Mass Effect 2 on PSN, despite seemingly costing the heavens and the earth, were "meaningful", EA CEO John Riccitiello has said.
- GDC event organisers have confirmed that 19,000 people visited the event this year. Next year's event is now on for March 5 - March 9, 2012.
- Yu Suzuki's detailed how Shenmue III could have ended. It would have had Tony Soprano and Cliff Bleszinski. It's all fake, though.
And that's that.