Everything you need to know this morning, in text and audio form. Sorry, we missed this yesterday due to the NGP frenzy.
- Sony's announced its PSP successor, Next Generation Portable (NGP). It's basically amazing and will launch this year in Japan. Hit this for complete coverage of the announcement and its aftermath.
- Microsoft sold 6.3 million Xbox 360s in the quarter ending December 31.
- The PC version of Crysis 2 is to get a pre-launch multiplayer demo. A 360 version was released this week. As far as we're aware, Crytek has never shown the game running on PS3. It's out in March.
- Sony's latest PS3 Firmware, released this week, has already been hacked by a guy called KaKaRoTo.
- Nintendo said last night that 3DS's eShop won't release until May, months after the console itself launches. The company hasn't clarified whether or not this applies to just Japan or both America and Europe as well.
Here's the audio. Now stop panicking.[audio:http://assets.vg247.com/current//2011/01/012811bulletin_mixdown.mp3|titles=012811bulletin_mixdown]