Omni Systems has detailed how Eufloria on PSN is not a direct port of the PC version, and is "full of new content and features."
According to the game's director, Rudolf Kremers, the PSN version is a re-boot of the game with "new mechanics, better visuals, rebalanced pacing and levels, and loads of other improvements across the board," much of which is exclusive to the PSN version.
A highlight of the new features in Eurfloria are detailed as follows:
- New units: A new plant will automate troop movements, while a new tree type helps terraform asteroids (both visually and to change the attributes of the seedlings grown on it).
- Improved gameplay: Including rebalanced levels, improved AI, and a new 2x game speed that works like a fast-forward button.
- New collectibles: Ancient Artifacts add flavor to the universe, as well as full Trophy support, natch.
- More music: Including 100 additional minutes of completely new music by ambient specialist Milieu (the OST is particularly gorgeous).
- Enhanced graphics: Smoother, faster visuals with much more environmental and color diversity.
- Updated controls: Completely redone PS3-specific interface and controls.