The Dark Brotherhood comes to The Elder Scrolls Online very, very soon.
The next Elder Scrolls Online DLC, Dark Brotherhood, finally has a release date.
Mac and PC players will be able to get their assassination on from May 31, while PS4 and Xbox One players will have to wait two weeks till June 14 before they can have a go.
The DLC is free for ESO Plus members and will go for 2,000 crowns in the ESO Crown Store. A collector's edition will also be available for 4,000 crowns, and includes a Highland Wolf Mount, Sylvan Nixad pet and five Crown Experience Scrolls.
Here's everything that's included in the paid DLC:
- Access to join the Dark Brotherhood and become an assassin for hire
- The Gold Coast, available to characters of all levels, where you can explore Anvil and Kvatch for the first time since The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
- A new passive skill line, exclusive to members of the Dark Brotherhood
- Hours of exciting story content and quests that will have you revisiting your favorite areas of Tamriel
- New repeatable activities, including:
- Bounty Quests: The Dark Brotherhood is not the only group on the Gold Coast who offers gold for martial expertise. Daily bounties await you in the cities of Anvil and Kvatch. Take on these quests to conquer delves, battle in the Kvatch Arena, or vanquish a monstrous minotaur!
- Contract Kill Quests: Elam Drals, the dry-humored Dark Elf assassin that maintains the Dark Brotherhood's books, diligently keeps a ledger of those whose deaths can be bought with mere gold. Travel across the length and breadth of Tamriel to assassinate marked targets or engage in bloody sprees at the behest of the Dark Brotherhood.
- Sacrament Quests: Speaker Terenus, an agent of the Black Hand, haunts the Gold Coast Sanctuary to offer the most sacred of missions to assassins of the Dark Brotherhood. Breaking into secured subterranean locations to slaughter targets invoked by the performance of the Black Sacrament. Avoid guards, disable traps, and complete bonus objectives to achieve the highest levels of prestige and reward.
- The Litany of Blood, a Dark Brotherhood kill mission with targets all around Tamriel
- Two new delves, Hrota Cave and Garlas Agea, featuring all-new challenges and rewards
- Two all-new world boss encounters: The Kvatch Arena and Limenauruus the minotaur at Tribune's Folly
- Powerful new gear, unique crafting styles, and other rewards inspired by the deadly Dark Brotherhood:
- The new Assassin personality
- Three new crafted item sets
- Three new item sets available in the Gold Coast
- Two new costumes awarded for completing quests in the Gold Coast
- Two new Mementos and one new Polymorph for earning specific achievements in the Gold Coast
- The new Viridian Venom Dye, for completing a specific achievement
- The Assassins League crafting style
- A brand new in-game musical score, inspired by the Dark Brotherhood and Gold Coast
The DLC will be accompanied by a major update, which will be free to everyone. For full patch notes, visit the Elder Scrolls Online website.
Dark Brotherhood will be available on the Public Test Server from today, so expect plenty of information on the new content to trickle down from those brave souls ready to venture in and beta test on our behalf. We've been pretty excited about it since we got our first look at the Dark Brotherhood in The Elder Scrolls Online.