Dungeon Defenders 2 has been announced for PC and is a PlayStation 4 exclusive on consoles.
Franchise developer Trendy Entertainment announced the game during The Game Awards 2014 last night.
Available now through Steam Early Access for 20% off at $19.99, the game is currently in its pre-alpha stage and have been in development for almost a year and a half.
The game is expected to remain in Early Access for at least a year after its initial release on Steam, and over the course of Early Access, more features will be added such as "pets, better matchmaking flow, toxic player controls, tavern customization, more game modes, bosses, an improved loot system, local co-op, and a whole lot more."
I t will also be free, supported by "ethical in-game purchases" like costumes and tower skins which will "never provide a gameplay advantage."
Early Access content at launch includes:
- 4 Heroes: The Apprentice, The Huntress, The Monk, The Squire
- 10 Maps across multiple difficulty modes (60 different experiences!)
- 18 Enemies, Minibosses, and Special Enemies to fight
- Hundreds of Weapons, Relics & Armor for you to find
- 24 Specs to customize your Heroes’ Defenses and Abilities
- Over 50 special stats
Hit the Steam link above for more information on what's included in the Early Access build.