Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen is the expansion to Capcom's action-RPG hybrid, and release dates for both Europe and America have just been revealed, along with more updates.
In a note sent to VG247, Capcom confirmed that the expansion is hitting PS3 and Xbox 360 across American on April 23rd, and Europe April 26th. It will launch at €29.99/£19.99 as a digital and physical release, adding a huge new area, more missions, extra enemies and all of the original game's content.
We've also just published a gallery of new screens and the Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen packshot. Check it out here.
The expansion synopsis reads, "Just off the Gransys mainland is the cursed Bitterblack Isle and it is here that gamers will discover an underground realm, complete with new terrifying foes to face and incredible treasure to find as they embark on an all new quest."
Capcom confirms that players will be able to transfer their save to Dark Arisen, and that characters will unlock new high-level skills and earn new weapons and armour. Upon buying the expansion, players will also receive 100,000 Rift Crystals, unlimited Ferrystones and the "Gransys Armour Pack", which includes six brand new costumes.
Here's a breakdown of new features:
- A massive new underground realm to explore featuring over 25 terrifying new enemies
- More skills/equipment/augments:
- Level 3 Skills
- DD:DA provides each character class with a new tier of skills, giving players new devastating abilities and skills to master
- Over 100 pieces of new equipment
- All new high level weapons and armor sets for players venturing into the underground caverns.
- 14 new character/Pawn augments
- New tiers of equipment enhancement
- Increased character customisation options
- Item appraisal
- Option to select Japanese voice over