Doom's nine multiplayer maps are on display in a new video released by Bethesda today, and details on each have also been provided.
According to the publisher, some of the maps will include one or two-way teleporters which both humans and demons can use. Luckily, weapon-fire can’t be teleported, so don't worry about having to dodge projectiles coming out of the devices.
There will also be bounce pads present which can be used to reach positions which cannot be climbed to, and there will also be explosive barrels and hazard canisters throughout.
Some levels are also surrounded by radioactive slime, which will harm humans. Obviously, fire will cause damage to humans, as will energy/plasma, and the latter has the potential for an instant kill depending on the hazard.
Demons are immune to all three of these hazards, the lucky things, but they can be killed by lava, so there's that.
Below is the full list of multiplayer maps available at launch with descriptions from id Software:
- Excavation: A modest-sized UAC mining outpost. Watch out for the rock grinder.
- Infernal: A mid-sized Hell map with both interior and exterior elements. Lots of platforms and chasms, along with teleporters.
- Chasm: This massive map takes you deep below the polar ice caps of Mars. A great place to play Freeze Tag.
- Disposal: This smaller map is the main waste processing facility for the UAC research and residential complexes. Unsurprisingly, it’s full of radioactive slime.
- Helix: This is where they experiment on demons and develop advanced weaponry. Which, naturally, makes it perfect for a quick round of Clan Arena.
- Perdition: Disjointed and sadistic, this ancient arena is populated by the agonized moans of unfortunate souls who have suffered within its realm.
- Sacrilegious: Set within a fracture of Hell, this map offers clear lines of sight. Move fast… or die faster.
- Heatwave: An industrial UAC facility with glistening halls that will soon be slicked with human (and demon) blood.
- Beneath: Before being beamed to Earth, the energies of Hell are harnessed in this symmetrical and cavernous location.
Additional information on the beta can be found through the official website.
The shooter releases worldwide on May 13.