Later this week, everyone will get a chance to spend some time with Doom's multiplayer. Here are all the details.
Doom open multiplayer beta - everything you need to know
Bethesda and id Software have revealed information about the upcoming open beta for Doom. Unlike the closed beta, you won't need an invite or a special key to enter.
All you need to do is download the client on PC, PlayStation 4, or Xbox One, and get playing. The beta starts Friday, April 15 through Sunday, April 17.
As for content, here's the full list:
- Two maps: Heatwave, and Infernal
- Two modes: Team Deathmatch, and Warpath - 6v6 each
- Weapons: Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, Super Shotgun, Vortex Rifle, Static Rifle, Heavy Assault Rifle, and Lightning Gun
- Equipment: Frag Grenade, Personal Teleporter, Siphon Grenade
- Power Weapons: Gauss Cannon
- Demon: Revenant
The beta includes multiplayer content only, so you won't be seeing single-player missions or even the Snap Map modding tool.
This overview trailer shows off a glimpse of the beta content: