Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has been updated on PC. You already knew that? Oh.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is now even shinier on PC.
In an update released on Friday but casually announced late on Monday, Eidos Montreal has increased support for DirectX 12 and opened up an opt-in preview branch for those wanting to see how their rig handles the DirectX 12 Multi-GPU build of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided. The developer suggests ensuring your drivers are up to date to get the most out of the update.
Here are the v1.9 build 582.1_P9 patch notes, showing general fixes and tweaks based on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided player feedback.
- Players can now also close their in-game menus using the keys to open it: TAB / I / M / O / P / L.
- Fixed an issue where the diagonal walk speed was too fast, causing Jensen to make noise.
- Fixed a crash at the shooting range.
- Fixed an issue where Rucker would not spawn in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue where the tranquilizer rifle would no longer shoot in certain situations.
- Fixed an issue in System Rift where the “Heat Sensor” strategy page would not trigger after loading a savegame.
- 'Hold E' to open Mission Objectives/Pocket Secretaries/Strategy Pages/Etc. are mapped to the TAB key by default. This removes the interference with 'Hold E' to drag bodies.
As noted above, the patch also adds support for DirectX 12. Eidos Montreal didn't go into details on how this might improve Deus Ex: Mankind Divided's visuals, saying only that you can toggle it in the launcher or in-game menus, which may require a restart. Visit Steam for details on that.
In its current implementation, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided only supports single GPU DirectX 12. If this isn't enough to satisfy you, you may want to opt into the "dx12_mgpu_preview" beta branch through your Steam client.
This build of Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is prone to "graphical corruption" apparently; Eidos Montreal described it as "in a state where we can release it to you, but we are aware that some systems might still experience issues".