Tomonobu Itagaki has said his Valhalla Games developed Devil’s Third is still on track for release next year.
Here's some highlights:
- Devil’s Third development is going smoothly. In other words, we finished editing the closing movie the other day.
- Devil’s Third will be released next year. Nintendo has already announced this in their press release.
- The scale of Devil’s Third‘s story mode is greater than that of Ninja Gaiden.
- Devil’s Third demolishes the standard of past console games in online multiplayer.
- Almost all specifications I wanted to do were implemented. I got an up-close look at the great forerunners Call of Duty, Battlefield, Gears of War, and my beloved Halo. On that basis, we added completely new level of playability that only we can create.
- Anyone can enjoy this game; from casual gamers to hard-core gamers. Let me put it this way. You guys can throw a fun party, or can kill each other in realistic war. You can play your heart out.
An exact release date has yet to be announced.