The first Destiny expansion, The Dark Below, will come with all sorts of new maps, story missions, gear, and timed PlayStation-exclusive content.
This exclusive content was announced today on the PlayStation Blog, and includes another Strike on Mars called The Undying Mind; and a new exotic weapon called the 4th Horseman shotgun. It sports four barrels, five shots, and fast fire rate.
Both are exclusive to PlayStation until "at least" fall 2015, according to Sony.
The rest of the content in The Dark Below, coming to both platforms, includes new story missions against the Hive god, the increase in Light level to 32, five additional bounty slots, three new competitive multiplayer maps, the Will of Crota co-op Strike, a new six-player Raid, and plenty of weapons and gear in which to further customize your Guardian.
Here's a bullet list:
- New story missions that pit you against a Hive god.
- New weapons, armor, and gear to further customize your Guardian.
- The ability to increase your Light level to 32, and five additional bounty slots.
- Three new competitive multiplayer maps: Pantheon, Skyshock, and The Cauldron.
- New cooperative Strike: The Will of Crota. Purge a twisted horror from the Cosmodrome.
- An additional resident of the Tower: Eris, a resolute survivor of an ill-fated mission.
- And a new six-player Raid: Crota’s End. Face him in the deepest dark.
The Dark Below launches on December 9.