You need to apply a little thought before buying Destiny's latest expansion, The Taken King. Do the new emotes really mean that much to you?
There are four purchase options for The Taken King, and which you'll buy depends on the level of your love of tat, both digital and physical. You can't play The Taken King unless you own the two previous expansions, The Dark Below and House of Wolves.
- Digital Download ($39.99/€39.99) - You'll be buying this if you already have all the previous content. Pre-ordering will net you an exclusive sparrow, shader and Founder's Fortune emblem.
- Legendary Edition ($59.99/£45/€68.99) - The vanilla pack for new guardians. The Legendary Edition includes Destiny, The Dark Below, House of Wolves and The Taken King. It's available as either a disc or download.
- Collector's Edition ($79.99/£79.99/€89.99) - This one's for the hoarders. The Collector's Edition's a physical pack that includes:
- Game content: Destiny, The Dark Below, House of Wolves and The Taken King.
- Cayde-6's Intel Cache: A modified Treasure Island book with intro letter from Cayde-6; Cayde-6's personal notes and illustrations; a collection of relics and artifacts; a Strange Coin replica (seriously).
- Digital content: three class-specific emotes; three armour shaders; three Exotic class items with XP bonuses
- Digital Collection's Edition ($79.99/€89.99) - This is the only way to get the digital content from the Collector's Edition without filling your house with yet more plastic gubbins. As well as all the game content, you'll get the three class-specific emotes, three armour shaders and three Exotic class items with XP bonuses if you go for this option.