Destiny has been updated with a new hot fix that plugs a hole in the Vault of Glass raid. Darn.
Destiny players are more than capable of taking down the Templar, the Vault of Glass's first major boss, the way Bungie intended.
It's a stressful encounter, though, and many prefer to cheese it by clustering on a far away platform and sniping. For most of the battle, the Templar's attacks can't reach players; there's no need to worry about harpies; and because everyone is together, it's safe to let the Oracles sing on and cleanse regularly instead.
Sadly, Bungie has decided this will not do, and has made small changes to the encounter ensuring you'll have to do it the hard way.
You can read the full patch notes below. Although we're still waiting for the Exotic rebalance, the update nerfs auto rifles and shotguns; buffs scout rifles; and fiddles with the Vex Mythoclast, reducing damage but making headshots much more dangerous.
Also, no more Fallen farming in the Rocketyard. Here's the skinny, direct from Bungie.net.
- Fixed a bug where the Valkyrie-O5X Ship was the same as the Aurora Lance
- Unbreakable: Fixed an issue with the perk granting more agility than intended
- Brimstone: Perk can now activate if player is airborne
- Fixed some issues related to quick weapon swapping
- Auto Rifles
- Base Damage decreased by 2%
- Reduced Precision Damage multiplier from 1.50 -> 1.25 (head shot bonus)
- Stability decreased by 4% - 17% (driven by stat value)
- Hand Cannons
- In-air accuracy now increased
- Scout Rifles
- Base damage increased by 6%
- Damage vs. Combatants increased by 6% - 25% (based on tier)
- Improved target acquisition, plus additional recoil tuning.
- Decreased base damage at maximum range (falloff) by 20%
- Shot Package Perk now has a slightly wider cone of fire
- The Rangefinder and Shot Package perks are now mutually exclusive
- Exotic Weapons
- Vex Mythoclast
- Base Damage decreased by 34%
- Increased Precision Damage multiplier from 1.25 -> 1.50 (headshot bonus)
- Pocket Infinity
- Enhanced Battery Perk has now been replaced with the Speed Reload Perk
- Metal Detector: Fixed a bug that prevents this perk from actually providing additional ammo
- Lightweight: Fixed a bug that allowed additional agility to apply even when a weapon was stowed
- Engram rewards from strikes now appear in the post-game Activity Summary
- Raid - Vault of Glass
- Templar Encounter
-- Kill volume added to sniper platforms to prevent players from sitting on top of them
-- Relic is now removed and respawned if the holder leaves the playable area
- The Fallen have also retreated from their hold over the Rocket Yard to discuss a new takeover plan