The Crimson Days event gets underway today in Destiny as part of the February update. We've got the patch notes for you below.
The update includes the new playable activity, enhancements to the way the Crucible operates, and the usual changes and fixes.
Full update is below.
New Event: Crimson Days
- Runs February 9th, 10AM PST to February 16th, 1AM PST
- Grab Quests: Go talk with Lord Shaxx in the Tower to receive the quest "Crimson Bonds" - you must be lvl 40 to be eligible
- Play Crimson Doubles: 2v2 PvP Event Playlist: Crimson Doubles - Requires Pre-made Fireteam of 2
- Weekly Shaxx bounties have been replaced with special Crimson Doubles bounties for the duration of the event
- Fixed an issue where some emote incidents would appear twice
- Fixed a rare issue where the Refer-a-Friend buff was not being properly applied when joining an in-progress activity
- Fixed an issue where an extra icon on the kiosk was appearing for players who acquired MIDA Multi-Tool exotic weapon for both Year One and Year Two
- Fixed an issue with Hakke pulse rifle damage scaling to bring them back in line with other pulse rifles
- Fixed the icon for Titan class item Mark of a Kellslayer
- Fixed an issue where the icon for the Hunter artifact Unerring Compass was missing on PlayStation 3 & Xbox 360
Activities: Fixed an issue where the Vienna Singer ship was not dropping at appropriate rates
Nightfall: Reduced the chance for ghost shells to be awarded from completing the weekly in favor of other rewards
Raid: King's Fall
- Fixed an issue that allowed players to become immune to the Totem room damage by using a sword's block ability
- Totems will now kill players under the totem after an extended period of time
- Fixed an issue on the aura holder when exiting 3rd person, the camera forward would get reset back facing the direction of the players feet
- Fixed an issue where the Ogres would teleport when they had issues path finding around previous dropped bombs
- Bounties have been moved to the top of Shaxx's vendor screen
- Players now start without special ammo in all 3v3 modes
- See developer comments from Derek Carroll
- Fixed an issue where the quest step to "Complete a match with 6+ Auto Rifle kills" was not properly registering
- The temporary fix applied previously has been removed once again to allow this quest to be turned in properly
- Fixed an issue where the text display for Nova Bomb score bonuses was incorrect
- Damage Referee has been enabled in the Control playlist for the Crucible
New Rotating Playlists
- Freelance 3v3 featuring Skirmish, Salvage and Elimination - only accessible by solo players, no fireteams
- Freelance 6v6 featuring Control, Clash and Rift - only accessible by solo players, no fireteams
- Inferno 3v3 featuring Inferno Skirmish, Inferno Salvage and introducing Inferno Elimination!
- Inferno 6v6 featuring Inferno Control and Inferno Clash
- Iron Banner returns on February 23rd, 10AM to February 29th, 1AM PST
- Iron Banner armor pieces from Rank 5 packages will now be granted immediately, instead of appearing once you return to Orbit
- Increased the base win rep amount by +20% (50 to 60)
- Waypoints have been added to Lord Saladin when the Rank 3 and Rank 5 packages are available
- Players can no longer recycle into Iron Banner matches after the event has ended
Trials of Osiris
- Reduced the postgame wait time by 15 seconds
- Adjusted loot tables to make rewards more consistent and less likely to have a non-payout match
- Crossroads: Fixed an issue where some players are able to perch in an advantageous position on a giant tree root
- The Timekeeper: Removed dynamic objects and moved overtime objective to help it play better in Elimination
- Fixed an issue where Reputation was being awarded when dismantling the Future War cult ship "The Climb"
- Access to the ship via the kiosk has been re-enabled
- Fixed an issue where the icon on Gunsmith vendor screen to display the correct reputation
If you want more information on the Crimson Days event in Destiny: The Taken King, we have you covered through here.