If you click on a link and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. Read our editorial policy.

Demiurge Studios overseeing Aliens: Colonial Marines Wii U

Aliens: Colonial Marines for Wii U is being made at Shoot Many Robots developer Demiurge Studios, Gearbox boss Randy Pitchford has confirmed to Gamasutra.

Gearbox, which is making the PS3, 360 and PC versions, is handling 80% of all responsibilities for the game, while the remaining 20% is being handled between Demiurge, Nerve and Timegate.

While he couldn't talk specifics about the system itself due to Nintendo NDAs, Pitchford heaped a whole ton of praise on the recently-named Wii U gamepad and how it fitted into the game.

"When I play with the controller, I immediately realize that for the types of games I like to play and make, this is the best controller I've ever had from Nintendo," he said.

"For Aliens: Colonial Marines, it's really exciting to have that screen there because I can do things that are very unique to this universe. For instance, we have a motion tracker in this universe. Now our motion tracker can literally be in our hands and we can see and hear it –and scan the room in 360 degrees, since it's a motion device."

Aliens: Colonial Marines launches on February 12 for PS3, 360 and PC. Expect to hear more on the Wii U version of the shooter tomorrow during Nintendo's E3 press conference. Details here.

More News

Latest Articles

VG247 logo

Buy our t-shirts, yeah

They're far more stylish than your average video game website tat.

VG247 Merch