Death Road to Canada looks like the best post-apocalyptic road trip you'll ever have.
Death Road to Canada is described as "a Permadeath Randomized Road Trip Simulator".
Managing a group of survivors, each with their own quirks that can affect the outcome of encounters, your aim is to get from Florida to the relative safety of Canada.
Everything is randomised, from the survivors and their personalties, to locations, events, and the story. You can even create your own characters that you'll be able to find in-game and share with other players.
Frankly, this sounds bloody marvellous and in case you thought the trailer was taking creative license with Max the dog, it's entirely possible to teach a mutt to drive and end up with an all canine posse. I'm sold.
Check out all of the cool features and screenshots below:
- Tons of replay value. Every game is different. Randomized cities, different survivors to recruit, different events. We will have a big focus on rare events and Easter Eggs
- More dogs than the Fable series or that one Call of Duty with the dog in it
- Varied and robust Interactive Fiction style decision making. The traits, personalities, and status of your group members influence the choices you can make and their results
- Survivors have morale that breaks down due to the stress of post-apolalyptic life. It's up to you to keep everyone together or at least mostly alive in the middle of bickering, personality conflicts, despair, rage, and/or whiny temper tantrums
- We have the rarely seen classic "death metaphor" style of zombie. They're slow, they're stupid, there's up to 500 of them at once, and they're lurching closer. They form a shambling wall of inevitable death that will drag you down
- Rarer unique survivors that have their own special events, appearance, and dialogue, many of which can be recruited. Get a bodybuilder that can pick up and throw anything, but can't attack
- Recruit a green-costumed man with a magic sword and a boomerang. Assist a mad scientist who has a science shotgun and a personal teleporter
- Find a dog, teach it to drive. Have all the humans in your party die. Make the dog recruit other dogs until your band of survivors consists of 4 dogs driving a muscle car
Death Road to Canada is coming to PC in May, with an iOS port at a later date.