Dark Souls 3 patch 1.13 brings big changes to PvP, a new arena
Fans of PvP in Dark Souls 3 should be happy with what's coming in the game's next patch.
Dark Souls 3 is getting a new patch this week that focuses on the game's PvP mode, with big list of changes to individual weapons as well as the system that governs invasions and summons.
Patch 1.13 will be released April 12 on PC, and PS4, with Xbox One to follow on April 14. Specific times will be revealed at a later date.
First up, the patch adds a new flat PvP arena to the Undead Match PvP list called Round Plaza. As far as summon changes, you'll now be able to summon a total of two Darkmoon Blades, or Blue Sentinels.
Another big change is that when a white phantom dies during an invasion, the host won't be able to summon other white phantoms for a set amount of time. There are also new values for matchmaking when summoning other players. The new Soul Level values for summons and invasions are as follows:
(First value being upper limit, second being lower limit)
- Sign summons - SL + 10 + ( SL * 0.1 ) / SL - 10 - ( SL * 0.1 )
- Way of the Blue - SL + 15 + ( SL * 0.1 ) / SL - 15 - ( SL * 0.1 )
- Dark Spirit - SL + 20 + ( SL * 0.1 ) / SL - ( SL * 0.1 )
- Mound Maker - SL + 20 + ( SL * 0.15 ) / SL - ( SL * 0.1 )
- Covenant - SL + ( SL * 0.1 ) / SL - 20 - ( SL * 0.2 )
Find the full list of patch notes below:
- Addition of the arena "Round Plaza" to the Undead Match
- Fixed a bug where players could invade hosts during a boss fight
- Fixed a bug where disabled items could be used
- Fixed a bug where "Spear of the Church" would be summoned outside the boss battle area
- Fixed a bug where red phantoms could be summoned after the appearance of a "Darkmoon Blade" or "Blue Sentinel"
- Fixed a bug where Resins and Spell Buffs could be applied to unbuffable weapons
- Up to a total of two "Darkmoon Blades" or "Blue Sentinels" can now be summoned during online multiplayer
- When a white phantom dies during an invasion, the host will now be unable to summon subsequent white phantoms for a certain period of time (this change does not apply to covenant based invasions)
- Increased the level range at which "Darkmoon Blades" and "Blue Sentinels" can be matched
- Increased drop rate of "Seed of a Giant Tree", reduced the number that can be carried and greatly reduced the duration of its effect
- Fixed an issue where some weapon skill animations could be used with other weapons
- It is now easier to be interrupted when using most weapon skills
- Reduced the absorption bonus during the latter half of "Perseverance" weapon skill
- Increased tracking on attack animations for "Pike" category weapons
- Increased stamina damage dealt by "Fist" category weapons
- Added a small window where damage taken is increased after initiating a parry with "Fist" and "Claw" category weapons
- Reduced damage of "Gargoyle Flame Spear" and "Dragonslayer Spear"
- Increased poise effect with "Lothric Knight Long Spear"
- Added Faith scaling to "Sunlight Straight Sword" and "Yorshka's Spear", and reduced Strength and Dexterity scaling accordingly
- Reduced critical damage of "Crow Quills"
- All attacks from "Rose of Ariandel" can no longer be parried, but two-handed attacks now consume more stamina and no longer apply poise
- Fixed a bug where the second L1(LB) combo attack when two-handing "Onikiri and Ubadachi" was not dealing thrust damage
- Fixed a bug where bleed effect for "Pontiff Knight Great Scythe" wasn't displaying in the menus
- Fixed a bug where weapon skill "Quake" of "Quakestone Hammer" would deal more damage than intended to "Spear of the Church"
- Reduced damage of "Dark", "Fire" and "Raw" infusions for "Lothric Knight Greatsword"
- Reduced damage of "Dark" and "Fire" infusions for "Murky Hand Scythe" and "Dragonslayer's Axe"
- Increased the charge rate for effects that trigger on continuous attacks (e.g. "Pontiff's Right Eye", "Old Wolf Curved Sword", "Carthus Beacon")
- Re-adjusted damage and scaling for "Simple", "Crystal", "Fire", "Chaos", "Lightning", "Dark", "Deep", "Blessed" weapon infusions that were changed in Regulation Version 1.32
- Increased stamina consumption of the sorceries "Magic Shield" and "Great Magic Shield"
- Increased FP consumption of the sorcery "Great Magic Shield"
- Increased FP and stamina consumption, and reduced duration of the sorcery "Hidden Body"
- Reduced stamina consuption and increased duration of the miracles "Great Magic Barrier" and "Vow of Silence"
- Reduced FP consumption of the miracle "Great Magic Barrier"
- Fixed a bug where the amount of healing received from the miracle "Lifehunt Scythe" would always be dependant on the Faith value of the weapon equipped in the right hand slot
- Reduced the effectiveness of "Carthus Bloodring"
- Reduced the absorption penalty when wearing "Prisoner's Chain"
- Fixed other various issues