Upgrade your Estus Flask and health spam your way through the toughest encounters.
Dark Souls 3: Estus Shards locations
Estus Shards are one of the most important items in Dark Souls 3. Each one of these you return to Andre the Blacksmith at Firelink Shrine gives you the chance to reinforce your Estus Flask, giving you one more pop between bonfire rests.
Whether you allocate all your Estus to health or FP, having more on hand makes all the difference. You'll want to track Estus Shards down as soon as possible so you can recover from attacks and keep wearing down those bosses: sometimes, it's a war of attrition as much as a contest of timing, skill and preparation.
Many Estus Shards are available early on with a little bit of effort and searching, while some are out of your reach till much later in the game. On this page, we'll list every Estus Shard as we find them, and provide links to walkthrough pages to help you track them down precisely.
- Firelink Shrine: on a ceiling beam, easily accessed with the Tower Key
- Tower on the Wall: in a room with multiple dogs and tall enemies, near the Winged Knight.
- Undead Settlement: in front of the burning tree in the middle of town
- Crucifixion Woods: near two crucifixion victims under a bridge leading to the Crystal Sage
- Farron Keep: in the swamps before the first flame
- Cleansing Chapel: in the centre of a group of passive grunts just outside the chapel
- Old King's Antechamber: at the end of a slime-filled path behind an illusory wall
- Irithyll Dungeon: held by the Mimic near the giant's pit
- Consumed King's Garden: on the balcony halfway down the lift at the entrance
- Grand Archives: in the tower guarded by three Gertrude's Knights near the boss gate
- More coming soon!