Spec Ops: The Line developer Yager's latest game is live, free, and you can play it right now.
Called The Cycle, Yager boldly claims it's a new genre of game. It's a PvE and PvP shooter.
Whether you see it as a new genre or not, you can get your hands on it right now by downloading the alpha for free from everyone's favourite games store, the Epic Game Store.
Here's more on the previously announced title, and you can find out more on today's launch update, Crime & Punishment below.
Crime & Punishment
- A new Duos mode allowing players to pair up together to take on other Prospectors. Duos joins the two other game modes: Solo, where players can queue alone, and Squads, where four players team up to take on the game’s challenges.
- A new bounty hunter system designed to better balance PvEvP: players who frequently kill other prospectors will get marked as “ruthless” on the mini-map, revealing their location to everyone.
- A new heat map showing areas with a high density of players — decide if you want to hunt down serious PvP action, or focus more on PvE in less populated areas.
- The ability to level up your armor kits with better stats by collecting experience points.
- Two new archetypes, the Gambler and Exo Biologist, along with a new enemy type: the Droids.
- New sound effects for most weapons.
- Support for in-game voice chat.
The developer promises the game will continue to grow and evolve throughout the early access period with seasons of content drops created with community feedback.