Crusader Kings 2: Legacy of Rome, the new expansion for the strategy-RPG, is now available alongside patch 1.07.
Legacy of Rome introduces "an emperor’s hoard" of new features such as the Byzantine Empire and Orthodox Church, along with the following:
- New Faction System: Join a royal faction and use your allies in the party to enhance your strength and tear down rivals.
- Raise Standing Armies: You will now be able to use retinues to have standing armies in your domain: the size of which is determined by technology.
- Experience Factional Revolts: No more easily defeated rebellions. Disgruntled vassals will now band together in revolt against your rule through their faction.
- Appoint Orthodox Patriarchs: Orthodox kingdoms and empires can now control their own heads of religion and their powers, instead of being dependent on the patriarch of Constantinople.
- Streamlined Mobilization: You will always raise a single, larger levy from your direct vassal; no need to worry about the opinions of the lower vassals.
- Leader Focus on Combat: Appoint your generals wisely, their traits and skills are now of vital importance on the field of battle. More commander traits are now added to increase the importance of your choice of military leaders.
- Byzantium Comes Alive: New sets of decisions and events specifically designed with the Byzantine Empire in mind.
- Improve your ruler: You can now actively strive to improve your skills or traits through the new Self-Improvement Ambitions.
Patch 1.07 and four new DLC additions for Crusader Kings 2 are also available:
- Crusader Kings II: African Portraits DLC
- Crusader Kings II: Byzantine Unit pack DLC
- Crusader Kings II: Songs of Byzantium DLC
- Crusader Kings II: Dynasty Shields II DLC
Legacy of Rome will run you $4.99.