The big Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare patch is here.
Infinity Ward rolled out a big new update for Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare. As is custom, this is another massive download at around 30GB.
The update adds the two previously announced maps to multiplayer: Hardhat for 6v6, and Aisle 9 for 2v2 and 3v3. In Warzone, traditional Solos return alongside new playlists for Quads, and Blood Money Quads. The new Armor Box, which refills the entire team's armour, has replaced the shield turret on the Buy Station menu.
The floor loot in Warzone has also seen a refresh with the arrival of a legendary SKS blueprint, as well as five new blueprints for the AX-50, Kilo 141, FAL, MP7, and AUG. The Gulag now, for the first time, also includes automatic assault rifles and SMGs.
The Most Wanted Contract has returned to Warzone, and it now lives alongside all existing Contract types. It's not clear if it was changed in any major way, but the patch notes confirm that it now lasts three minutes instead of five. Another small, but potentially major tweak is that the final circle in battle royale will continue to shrink.
The more interesting parts of the patch are all entirely balance tweaks. The dreaded RPG has been nerfed in Warzone, and will now deal less splash damage to fully armoured players. Likewise, the burst fire Renetti has had its damage reduced, and its hip fire spread increased. When both Akimbo and MK3 Burst Mod are equipped, the Renetti does even less damage.
Balance tweaks continue with a boost to ADS speeds for both the FAL and SCAR, which should make both more interesting choices for Warzone and multiplayer. The Holger 26 also got several buffs, including to many of its attachments. The VLK Rogue shotgun, too, got some love in today's update.
Read on below for the major patch notes:
Playlist updates and new content
- BR Solos
- BR Trios
- BR Quads
- Blood Money Quads
- Armor Box (available via loot on the ground and purchasable at Buy Stations): Resupply the entire team’s armor
- Added Most Wanted contracts back (in addition to the other 3 contracts, none have been removed)
- Loot Update: SKS - Legendary, AX-50 – Epic, Kilo 141 – Legendary, FAL – Epic, MP7 – Legendary, AUG- Epic
- Realism Moshpit with NVG
- Reinfected Ground War
- Core Ground War
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Aisle 9 Face Off Moshpit!
- Hard Hat 24/7!
- Infected and Gun Game now feature playlist text to reinforce that KDR and win loss are not affected
- Blueprint variants of Gun Game and Gunfight can now be enabled in custom match advanced options for their respective modes
- Added the fire throwing knife to restricted equipment for CDL
- Fix for the ‘Splash Guard’ shotgun weapon camo not applying properly to the weapon
- Fixed a bug where on occasion, your selected Operator would not appear in the squad walk
- Added a ‘Hold to Use’ option that allows you to choose between a hold or a press for the interaction button on keyboard and mouse
- Adjusted the Monitor Distance Coefficient slider option to maximum value from 2.00 to 5.00
- Out of map exploit fixes across various maps
- Fixed a bug where players could take the ATV out of the map on Aniyah Palace
- Fix for an XP exploit in Hardpoint
- Fix for the ‘Time to Reap’ watch not displaying the time
- Fix for the ‘Blue Skies’ watch appearing backwards when worn
- Fix for some players spawning facing a wall while playing FFA on Talsik Backlot
- Demolition: Added VO to alert the defending team a bomb site was destroyed
- One in the Chamber: This mode is now available in custom games!
- Regular Infected playlist now has random care package drops!
- Gun Game Reloaded is now in the Quick Play filter.
- Fix for a bug where a player could become immune to the gas if they were bought back as the final circle was closing
- Fix for a rare bug that left a player in the Gulag until the end of the match
- PC: Fixed an issue where the gas mask overlay could remain on screen after leaving the gas and entering a vehicle
- Removed the option to “Squad Fill” while in BR Solo
- Fix for voice chat sometimes cutting out during a match
- Reduced the RPG kill radius for players with full armor
- Final circle now moves (BR)
- The Most Wanted contract has had the time reduced from 5 minutes to 3 minutes
- Replaced Shield Turret with Armor Box at Buy Stations (Shield Turret is still in loot)
- FAL: Decrease to ADS time
- SCAR: Decrease to ADS time
- LMGS: Lowered ammo count for reload warning on belt fed LMGs
- Reduced penalty for holding breath too long with sniper scopes
- Fix for the level 34 unlock of the Renetti showing the Merc Foregrip
- Reduced the max ammo reserve
- MK3 Burst Mod - Significant hip spread increase
- MK3 Burst Mod - Small decrease to damage
- Reduced damage when Akimbo and MK3 Burst Mod are both equipped
- Increased rate of fire
- Increased close damage range for 12 gauge
- Increased damage range to 6” Revolt barrel
- Increased move speed
- Improved ADS time
- Slight recoil reduction
- FTAC 8.98” Spitfire Barrel: Improved ADS time, Faster movement,Reduced hip spread
- XRK Ultralight Barrel: Improved ads time
- 30 Round Magazine: Reduced sprint out time, Improved ADS time, Faster movement, Improved hip spread profile
- No Stock: Increased sprint out time, Faster movement, Reduced hip spread, Improved ADS time
- Stippled Grip: Improved ADS time