We'll re-post the start times at the end of the post. For now, just read up on what to expect courtesy of Activision below. If you missed the multiplayer overview trailer we posted last month, hit it up through the link.
As previously reported, Combat Rigs are a suit if you will, which players can customize for various tactical options and one of six playstyles. The set ups can be swapped mid-match if a different combat approach is needed.
Each Combat Rig can be equipped with one Payload and one Trait, as noted in the link above. When the Beta kicks off next Friday, players will be able to choose between three Combat Rigs:
Warfighter: For the mid-range assault-style player, equip the Warfighter rig to support the team by getting fast kills, quickly getting to an objective, and always being on the offensive.
- Claw Powerful spread-shot weapon. Fires bullets that can ricochet around corners.
- Combat Focus Allows you to get double points for a limited time, getting you to that scorestreak even faster.
- Overdrive Gives you a speed boost.
- Ping Kills and assists send a ping that highlights nearby enemies.
- Persistence Scorestreak counts don’t reset after death, but cost more.
- Resupply Lethals and tacticals can be resupplied by scavenging supplies from downed foes.
MERC: Has payload options designed for heavy defense and suppressive fire.
- Steel Dragon Heavy beam weapon that can target multiple enemies.
- Bull Charge Armored riot shield that destroys enemies as you charge.
- Reactive Armor Electromagnetically charged armor that shields you from enemy fire.
- Infusion When triggered, regenerates health quickly after taking damage.
- Man-At-Arms Heavy weapons won’t slow you down, and you start with maximum ammo.
- Shock Wave Slam yourself into the ground and enemies with this devastating jump.
SYNAPTIC A C6 Class: A remote-operated droid optimized for speed and close quarters combat.
- Equalizer Dual under-arm machine guns with built-in suppressors for close quarters combat.
- Rewind Rewinds your position and replenishes health and ammo.
- Reaper Switches you into four-legged, rapid melee combat mode.
- Combat Burst After each kill, gain a boost of movement speed.
- Propulsion Jump pack that recharges quickly and allows you to damage enemies underneath you with the blast from the jump pack.
- Rushdown Allows you to dash in any horizontal direction.
Since Payloads and Traits are unlocked while during progression, all may be available during the beta, but the three listed above should give you a general idea of how each one will work upon release.
With Mission Teams, when players complete a mission while "enlisted in a team," they will earn a team rank. Complete missions with honors and extra experience will be awards, which helps speed up the ranking process.
Each team will have a commander who provides the missions and they will comment on the success or failure of it. Ranking up provides all sorts of cosmetic items, as well as specific prototype weapons only available from the team.
In the beta, players will get to experience two of the four Mission Teams when enlisted in the JTF Wolverines.
Here's three of the maps which will be available in the multiplayer beta:
- Frontier: Circular, two-lane, and fast-paced set on a small section of a giant space station in orbit around the planet Neptune.
- Frost: Linear, three-lane, and medium-paced map which takes place in a research facility set atop Jupiter’s moon Europa.
- Throwback: Bent, three-lane, medium-paced throwback map with a 1950’s ‘Main Street USA’ locale which sits on a rotating space station
Team Deathmatch, Domination and Kill Confirmed will be rotated throughout the beta, along with the new Defender mode, which a "high-stakes" version of Keep Away - or Monkey in the Middle depending on which region you grew up playing the game as a child.
How Defender works in Infinite Warfare, is one team must grab a drone and defend it. The longer it is held on to, the more points the team will earn. When either the defending team or the one trying to steal it wins, the drone will reset and the cycle starts again.
Basically, you'll be running around with a drone in your hands or passing it to other team members while trying to keep it away from the opposing team. Sounds simple, but it probably won't be at all.
Along with the above, players will be able to try out new weapons, earn scorestreaks, perform lethals and more. Infinity Ward also has some "surprises in store" for players, so they encourage everyone to play often.
Those who pre-order Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will gain automatic access to the beta.
PS4 users will be given first dibs on the multiplayer beta, starting at 10am PT/1pm ET/6pm UK on Friday, October 14.
The beta will continue on Friday, October 21 at 10am PT/1pm ET/6pm UK for those who pre-ordered on either PS4 or Xbox One, and conclude on Monday, October 24 at 10am PT/1pm ET/6pm UK. The beta will not be available for PC.
Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare will be released on November 4 for PC, PS4 and Xbox One.