BULLETCAST, July 20 – What you need to know now
Pay attention, news fan. Looks as though the quiet period may be coming to an end. Get all this morning's headlines in video and text form after the break.
- Apple posted a huge quarter last night, with iPad and iPhone sales up 183 percent and 142 percent respectively. Revenue came in at $28.57 billion, with profit at $7.31 billion.
- Analyst Michael Pachter reckons Nintendo has the best exclusives in the trade.
- EA boss John Riccitiello has said the games industry’s hardware cycle has been broken, ending the long reign of consoles, which now only make up 40 percent of total sales.
- Amazon France has outed GoldenEye Reloaded for Xbox 360 and PS3.
- The Star Wars: The Old Republic CE is to cost €150, apparently.
- 2K’s delayed The Darkness II into February 2012. It was supposed to release in October.
- Limbo's released on PS3.
- Bastion's coming to PC later this year, but there are no plans for a PSN release. The cutesy RPG hits 360 today. Get all the reviews here.
- PSP epic Final Fantasy Type-0 has been dated for Japan. It's to release on October 13 on two UMDs.
- Staff cuts at Wii port developer Red Fly may have resulted from the cancellation of an unannounced Star Wars game.
- Wrestler Hulk Hogan and porn-star-turned-legit-actress Sasha Grey will appear in Saints Row: The Third.
- Regular Valve voice actor John Patrick Lowrie has said DotA 2 will release this autumn. Looks as though it's going to be shown at gamescom.
- Want to spend $300 on a Modern Warfare 3 headset? Now you can.
- Cthulhu Saves the World developer Zeboyd Games reckons Steam's far more lucrative than XBLA.
- Epic's said yet again that Gears of War will continue after GoW3 releases later this year.