Friday. Stave off the tears of joy by getting all this morning's major headlines in one place in video and text.
- Playdead CEO Dino Patti has told Johnny that there's going to be news regarding extra content in the PS3 and PC versions of Limbo next week.
- Patti also told VG247 he doubts we’ll see anything on the Danish studio's next game this year.
- Crystal Dynamics has released a 12-minute documentary detailing the making of the Tomb Raider Turning Point trailer which debuted in the lead up to E3.
- Ubisoft is to implement its own version of the online pass system, called Uplay Passport, when Driver: San Francisco is released. Driver got a new single-player trailer yesterday.
- LA Noire and Xbox 360 won in the US last month. Get the full June NPD report here.
- EA's borrowing $550 million to buy PopCap.
- Superannuation has turned up a pair of domain registrations - Sony-Microsoft.com and Microsoft-Sony.com - both made by Microsoft itself. Mental.
- Respawn Entertainment has recruited another Hollywood artist, adding Men in Black and 12 Monkeys veteran Matt Codd as art director.
- Ubisoft's Just Dance 2 is the US’s best-selling third-party Wii game of all time.
- The Call of Duty: Elite beta's started. We're not in it.
- Battlefield 3's Elite-alike, Battlelog, got its first screens yesterday. What an astonishing coincidence.
- Crytek CEO Cevat Yerli has said CryEngine 3 is the best engine available, and that it'll soon be available on every platform.
- At least three start-ups have formed in the wake of THQ’s closure of its UK studio, Digital Warrington, which produced Warhammer 40K: Kill Team, Red Faction: Battlegrounds, and Juiced.
- Dave Heironymus, lead gameplay programmer at Team Bondi, has claimed the recent brouhaha over working conditions at the studio is down to ex-staffers trying to "destroy" it.
- Yet another RAGE video's been released. It still looks awesome.
- Metacritic co-founder Marc Doyle's said the aggregation site has removed a games publication from its reviews list due to “corrupt practices”. He didn't name names.
- Saints Row: The Third is to get $99 Platinum Pack.
- THQ’s released the first part of the Metro: Last Light E3 demo. Watch it here.
- Skyrim won't get a demo. Shocker.
- Watch half an hour of Resistance 3 here. Beware: spoilers.
- Annihilation, the third Black Ops map pack, will launch on PS3 on July 28.