Activision and Treyarch today announced details for the Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 multiplayer beta and the battle royale Blackout beta.
Two betas will be held for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, and the first is the multiplayer beta.
The private multiplayer beta kicks off August 3 on PlayStation 4, followed shortly by PC and Xbox One. The PC beta will be exclusive to Battle.net.
To gain access to the console beta, players will need a a Private Beta key provided when pre-ordering the game from select retailers. Players that pre-order digitally through the PlayStation or Xbox stores are automatically registered.
PC players only need a Battle.net account to access the multiplayer beta, but those who pre-purchase through Battle.net will also get a full extra day.
The schedule for all platforms is below.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 private multiplayer beta schedule
- PlayStation 4 (Starts: August 3 at 10am/PT – Ends: August 6 at 10am/PT)
- PlayStation 4 and Xbox One (Starts: August 10 at 10am/PT – Ends: August 13 at 10am/PT)
- PC Beta Early Access (Starts: August 10 at 10am/PT)
- PC Open Beta (Starts: August 11 at 10am/PT – Ends: August 13 at 10am/PT)
All participants in the beta will receive a calling card to display, and every player who achieves max rank earns a Permanent Unlock Token. This can be applied to Create-a-Class content when the game comes out.
For the private multiplayer beta, players will fight through six maps. New Specialists will be playable along with returning Specialists Nomad and Prophet.
Team Deathmatch, Domination, Hardpoint, Search & Destroy, and the brand-new objective-based game mode Control are playable.
In Control, teams alternate rounds between attacking and defending two static objectives. Each team has a limited number of lives in this first-to-three wins match-up.
The Pick 10 system was brought back to Create-a-Class and comes with some changes.
- Load out with Special Issue Equipment that’s designed exclusively for each Specialist without costing a point against Pick 10.
- Gear is an all new slot designed to up the ante on your style of gameplay. Only one piece of Gear can be used per loadout, so choose wisely.
- Weapons now have unique sets of attachments, including a new class of powerful attachments called Operator Mods, to really focus each gun on its individual role in combat.
In September as second beta will be held for the Black Ops 4 battle royale experience, Blackout. It will be held first on PS4, with more details to come close to the end of summer.