Biomutant has been delayed to summer 2019, but at least we have a new gameplay video to watch.
A new look at Biomutant, the open-world action RPG from Experiment 101 was shown at gamescom 2018 today by publisher THQ Nordic.
The firm followed up with a new release window late Tuesday night on Twitter, stating the game wouldn't be available until summer 2019.
— Biomutant (@Biomutant) August 22, 2018
Announced last year, Biomutant lets players change their character’s abilities and appearance with mutations, bionic prosthetics and weapons.
Players can grow claws, sprout wings, or attach a robotic leg and even more. Each customization will impact the way the game hero plays in real-time combat using melee martial arts moves and firearms.
Here's a refresher on the game's features sent over by the publisher:
- Combat: The martial arts style combat system allows you maximum freedom of movement and agility while mixing shooting, melee and powers from your mutations.
- Evolve: You’ll be able to recode your genetic structure to change the way you look and play.
- Crafting: Mix and match parts to create your own unique single- or double-handed slash, crush and pierce melee weapons.
- Gear up: You have full freedom when equipping your character. Not only when it comes to choosing weapons you created, but also what type of gear you wear.
- Survive: You’ll create your own adventure as you journey explore the open world and what lies beneath its surface, by foot, mech, jet-ski, air-balloon and more.
- Story: A plague is ruining the land and the Tree-of-Life is bleeding death from its roots. The Tribes stand divided, in need of someone strong enough to unite them or bring them all down.
Biomutant is in development for PC, PS4, and Xbox One. It is playable this week at gamescom and next weekend at PAX West.