The judges of the 2011 Paris Games Week Awards chose to award a tie result in the best shooter category, honouring both Battlefield 3 and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3.
Predictably, Ubisoft nabbed several gongs on its home ground, with Kinect title Raving Rabbids: Alive and Kicking taking two awards.
EA had a good show, scoring with Mass Effect 3, the Old Republic and FIFA 12, and both Sony and Microsoft took home a prize for a platform exclusive.
Full results follow.
- Audience award - Guild Wars 2
- Game of the show - Raving Rabbids: Alive and Kicking
- Best action game - Batman Arkham City
- Best adventure game - Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception
- Best shooter - Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 and Battlefield 3
- Best sports game - FIFA 12
- Best racing game - Forza Motorsport 4
- Best MMO - Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Best RPG - Mass Effect 3
- Best fighter - Soul Calibur V
- Best family game - Raving Rabbids: Alive and Kicking
- Best children's game - Skylanders Spyro's Adventure
- Best platformer - Rayman Origins
- Best music game - Just Dance 3