The latest update for Battlefield 1 is available now for owners of the Premium Pass or Revolution edition, and it adds a whole heap of new stuff to the game.
December will be a big month for Battlefield 1, with freebies being handed out to players, and this Turning Tides update has added a heap of stuff for players. Players who like to purchase the DLC individually will have to wait another two weeks.
There are new maps, new modes, new weapons, and plenty more being added, as well as general improvements across the board that will be introduced for all players. The full update notes are available on the Battlefield website, but we've rounded up the highlights below.
Free trials of the previous DLC were previously made available, so if you enjoyed them now might be a good time to pick up the Premium Pass.
- Cape Helles: "Battle in the amphibious invasion of the Gallipoli peninsula. Allies strike V Beach by way of air, land, and sea, where the sand meets the rocky slopes lined with Ottoman trenches and emplaced weapons. Wrecked landing crafts and long boats serve as protection while soldiers approach Fort Number 3. Near the top of the bank, beyond the old farming village used as temporary barracks for Ottoman reinforcements, is a dug-in firing position along the dominant elevation of Hill 141."
- Achi Baba: "An intense, infantry-only map that exhibits the growing conflict in the Dardanelles. Trenches and dugout defenses can be found along the terraced incline, with makeshift barracks peppered along the stronghold. A maze of ridges and gullies present flanking opportunities, but these narrow routes may result in a concentration of close-quarter clashes. Fight among the crumbling walls of old ruins as soldiers advance toward Krithia."
New Operation: Gallipoli
- Engage your enemy over land, air, and sea during the beach landing of Cape Helles. Allied Forces will fight their way from the violent resting place of the SS River Clyde toward the elevated hills of Sedd el Bahr. Defenders can organize under the cover of trench lines and hold off enemy forces with emplaced weapons and coastal battery cannons. Attackers are equipped with the all-new L-Class Destroyer for extra firepower. If things start to look bleak, the Attackers will be reinforced with the Dreadnought behemoth. Pushing into Achi Baba, Allied armies will advance through the treacherous caverns and gorges, leading up to the strategic holding of Krithia. Flank your enemies to gain the upper hand, push past the frontlines with your Infiltrator and mobilize reinforcements with the heliograph mobile spawn, to secure the victory.
New Mode: Conquest Assault
- A variant of the Conquest game mode, the defending team will start with all flags owned, but will not have a headquarters. The attacking team will have a point advantage at the beginning of the match to help even out the odds. If Attackers capture all flags, the defending team can only deploy on their squad mates until a flag is retaken.
- Maschinenpistole M1912/P.16 Storm
- M1917 Trench Carbine
- Farquhar-Hill Optical
- Farquhar-Hill Storm
- M1917 MG Low Weight
- M1917 MG Telescopic
- Type 38 Arisaka Infantry
- Carcano M91 Carbine
Melee (all kits)
- Naval Cutlass
- Grappling Hook
- "The all-new L-Class Destroyer introduces a warship vessel to the naval combat. Equipped with up to 4 seats, the Destroyer features powerful bow and aft cannons, AA guns, torpedo tubes, and a signal to call for Dreadnought artillery fire. Forego the aft seat in favor of the Minelayer package, providing extra marine defenses. Like tanks, the captain can self-repair the Destroyer after particularly intense marine engagements."
New Elite Class
- "Like other Elite Classes, the Infiltrator is a pick-up kit available on the battlefield. The Infiltrator Elite is equipped for mobility and is meant for strategical strikes and team tactics. Dressed in camouflage, the Infiltrator has a permanent sprint boost, well suited to cross enemy lines. Equipped with the heliograph mobile spawn, a new deploy point can be created at calculated locations, allowing teams to quickly organize and surround their enemies. In cases where direct combat is necessary, the Infiltrator can fight off enemies with the Martini Henry grenade launcher and sawed-off shotgun. For bigger jobs, signal for a massive artillery strike with the flare gun."
And below are the patch notes:
- Weapon Assignments will now display progress as a percentage
- Addressed an issue where players would occasionally be awarded the incorrect points towards Medal progress when capturing a Supply Drop
- Players can now make progress toward the Eyes On The Prize service assignment when completing kills, earned by Assist Counts As Kill, while prone behind a Sniper Shield
- Players no longer receive a "Retreater Killed" score bonus for killing themselves, or teammates, when retreating in Operations
- Added an option to disable the Lens Distortion postprocess effect in the Video options menu
- Players can now choose between hiding, always showing, or making the network performance graph appear only when there are ongoing networking issues
- Spectator Table Top View - Reformatted objective/player/free camera icons so they are pushed to the edge of the screen
- Fixed an issue that displayed the “switch to secondary weapon” tooltip while swimming even if it was not available to be used while swimming
- Fixed an issue where players would see a score discrepancy between End of Round screens and in-game scoreboards in Operations
- Fixed an issue where score multipliers were displaying inaccurately in Operations’ End of Round screens
- Changed Dynamite to work properly in water - covered in wax for waterproofing
- Fixed an issue where the gas cloud VFX would not be visible to some players
- Addressed an issue where vehicles would sometimes get stuck mid-air when traveling on a bridge while it was being destroyed
- Fixed an issue where the gunners in the Y-Lighter Landing Craft were not seeing correct hit markers while aiming down sight
- Spawning vehicles will now automatically remove nearby placed explosives such as AT Mines or Dynamite to avoid vehicle spawn camping
- The MAS Torpedo Boat and Y-Lighter Landing Craft no longer trigger AA gun detonation
- Captains of the MAS Torpedo Boat and Y-Lighter Landing Craft can now self-repair the craft
- Addressed an issue where a transport vehicle would occasionally disappear while still in use
- Improved the bayonet sprint penalty on the Model 1900 shotgun's bayonet
- Improved spread and recoil for the Model 1900 Shotgun
- Fixed an issue where players would hear the bayonet charge sound-state after cancelling a bayonet charge
- Removed ability to switch to empty K Bullets
- Fixed an issue where players were able to fire their weapon during reload
- Significantly increased the damage dealt to vehicles and behemoths by the 305/52 O Coastal Gun
- Fortress and Coastal Turrets now use the same disable and repair logic as the field gun, AA, and coastal gun. This means that upon reaching 50% health, they become disabled, and repairing them in full will make them usable again
- Fixed an issue where the reload UI for the 305/52 O Coastal Gun would not update the first time the player entered the vehicle
- Incendiary projectiles now block aim assist for the duration of the fire
- The Scout class can place two projectiles of each trip wire gadget (gas, HE, incendiary)
- Fixed an issue that delayed firing the Mosin-Nagant M91 after throwing a grenade
- Fixed an issue that would cause the scope to wobble, on the Mosin-Nagant M91, after rechambering, and realigned the iron sights
- Improved the delay when switching to K Bullets with the Mosin-Nagant M91 Marksman
- Fixed an issue causing the deploy screen to be drawn during Operation intro cinematics and forcing the user to quit out of the game
- Made improvements to the snap-to-target-on-zoom aim assist system to make it more subtle.
- Adjusted player movement to avoid “sprint to slide” exploitation
- Fixed an issue where the soldier movement accelerations would not be corrected at different tickrates resulting in different accelerations at 30Hz, 60Hz and 120Hz.
- Adjusted the soldier accelerations to maintain the movements responsiveness after the tickrates correction.
- Fixed an issue where crawling SFX from prone soldiers would not trigger reliably in third person
- Fixed an issue where players would not hear "incoming" sound from various shell rounds
- Adjusted third person soldier movement SFX by making it quieter when crouching or prone
- Fixed an issue that caused swimming SFX to repeatedly play
- Added SFX for diving/jumping in water
- The effect radius of the Ammo Crate and Medical Crate have been raised from 3.5m to 7m. This means teammates do not have to stack extremely tightly to gain their benefits
- Cavalry health regeneration delay has been reduced to normal soldier values, reducing the need for players to constantly dismount to regenerate health with Health Pouches
- Adjusted Perimeter Alarm to allow Tripwire Bombs to Squad Spot enemies within 10m when detonated
- Fixed an issue where some Elite kits were regenerating health at default soldier rates and not the intended values
- The Flash Flare will now Suppress enemies that stand near it. This is intended to boost its ability to disrupt enemy combat effectiveness
- Fixed an issue where revived soldiers from the Stimulant Syringe specialization were not receiving the sprint boost
- Fixed an issue where stationary and airborne soldiers could potentially make footstep SFX
- Improved spawn point reservations when multiple players selected the same point simultaneously
- Now players can only spawn on Squad Leaders in the Back to Basics custom game mode
- Increased visibility of large water explosion at a distance
- Fixed an issue that caused players to hear underwater SFX and mix states, when not in the water
So there you go - plenty of reasons to jump into Battlefield 1 if you've got the pass and haven't played in a while.