Microsoft has reduced the Australian RRP of its entire Xbox 360 console and Kinect range.
The price changes take effect tomorrow, October 4, and bring significant reductions across the board. You'll be able to grab the 250GB Xbox 360, generally considered the core model, for just $300; that's about the same price as a 12GB PlayStation 3 with one game, and significantly less than the next model up.
The new prices are listed below, but take note that the limited edition console price only applies to current bundles and upcoming special releases may be priced differently; the Halo 4 limited edition bundle is still listed at about $500 at most retailers.
- Kinect Sensor, $149 (save $50)
- 4GB Xbox 360, $199 (save $50)
- 4GB Xbox 360 with Kinect, $299 (save $100)
- 250GB Xbox 360 $299 (Save $150)
- Limited edition consoles $399 (save $50)