AU News Wrap, July 29 - What Happened Today
Don't be so jealous of my knocking off for the weekend; here's what we got up to while you were in dream land.
Delve deeper into the past with the European and US round ups, or wait a bit and Pat'll have the Bulletcast up, summarising the last 24 hours in a scintillating video about beards.
Everybody likes knocking off for the weekend, but when you can knock off and know two thirds of the world hasn't even started their work day? Call Mastercard! That's priceless.
- Featured Content: 3DS price cut: Nintendo’s Midas touch fails at last
Rob Fahey asks some tough questions about the 3DS price cut, and finds tougher answers.
- Gamestop to kick off digital game sales with Human Revolution
If retail doesn't survive the digital revolution, it won't be through lack of effort on Gamestop's part. Other chains, take note.
- Marvel Universe dev emphasises gaming’s transition to service model
The industry is changing dramatically. It's a really exciting - and scary - time to be watching over it.
- NCSoft, Carbine Studios teases gamescom announce
What does Carbine have up its sleeve? We'll know soon.
- Pachter blames crunch time comments scandal on “out of context” replies
Probably a fair call - it usually is.
- New Crytek shooter IP in the works
- 30 minutes of Street Fighter x Tekken gameplay
I wish I was good at fighters. There's a whole world of magic there. Man.
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution trailer gets chatty
Deus Ex: Human Revolution comes out before September starts vomiting releases on us, and for that, I am profoundly grateful.
- EA Sports must respond to ex-NCAA lawsuit
Should people receive large amounts of money for being good at physical activity? I'm pretty good at skipping.
- Langdell claims nearly 100 errors in Edge vs Future High Court ruling
Man, this guy. This guy, man.
- Konami picks up El Shaddai for Europe
If you're hot for El Shaddai, you might want to send Konami some psychic cuddles.
- Samsung to manufacture PS Vita CPU
Samsung and Sony, sittin' in a tree, see-oh-el-el-aye-bee-oh-arr-aye- yeah, you're right, that doesn't scan well.
- Nintendo stock plummets 21 percent
Back in January, analysts backed Ninty stock as strong stuff. I hope you listened to Pat and offloaded.
- Friday Shorts - ESPN 3, The Sims leaks, IndieCity announce, more
The usual collection of miscellany, brightened by the discovery that Yoshinori Ono is a cheater.
- Namco Bandai confirms gamescom line-up – Dark Souls, Ace Combat, Ridge Racer
I'm a bit jelly that Pat and Johnny are going to gamescom, but then I think "Tokyo Game Show" and come over all smug.
I'm flying out of Sydney tonight to spend a week in the country for mysterious reasons, so I have to run off and pack. What are you up to this weekend?