AU News Wrap, July 27 - What Happened Today
The sun is setting in Australia, which means I am this close to pissing off to see Tekken: Blood Vengeance courtesy of Namco Bandai Australia. Aww, yiss, full disclosure. Here's what you missed in the last eight hours:
If you've been tuned out for longer than it takes to get a good's night sleep or earn a day's wage, check out Steph and Stace's wraps from yesterday. They'll be back again today, of course.
Don't forget that Pat's Bulletcast will be up shortly, looking back over the past 24 hours with a discerning and experienced eye. Did he shave today or didn't he? Has his hair grown back? Will he flash his tattoos again? All these questions answered and more.
- Wednesday Shorts - Creepers, N7 rifle, Facebook, more
Today's shorts are a motley bunch. It's where I throw the things I find fascinating but know you don't - and vice versa.
- Stronghold 3 pre-orders net original game for free
I love it when we have time to cover stuff like this. Now excuse me, I need to form a perimeter. Of trebuchets.
- Pac-Man and Galaga Dimensions features perma-save
A worrying trend in the making?
- Harmonix celebrates 3,000-strong Rock Band library
3,000 tracks on Rock Band and people are still complaining they can't find anything they like. Guys. Seriously.
- Anarchy Reigns trailer has a story to tell
Sometimes, trailers are misrepresentative of the final product - and I suspect this is one of them. Serious business ahoy.
- Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D delayed into 2012
On the bright side, if it comes out near my birthday I might finally bother to get a 3DS.
- Dragon Age II pulled from Steam as Legacy DLC launches
It looks like Valve is really set against players buying DLC from EA without giving a percentage to Steam - which is somewhat uncomfortable for everyone.
- Soul Calibur V trailer drops story hints
CyberConnect2 is helping out with Soul Calibur V. I love the Soul fiction. Pity about its representation of women, really.
- NBA Jam: On Fire Edition trailered
I demand extra points for not doing a stupid "it's heating up" headline or whatever.
- DICE: Battlefield 3 frame rate issue blown "out of proportion"
I suspect 99% of the people complaining about BF3's resolution have their Xbox hooked to a 720-capable TV by composite cables. Cynical?
- Rumour - PS3 exclusive shooter from EA's Black Troll
I'll concede premise A=1, and also premise B=1, but if you add them together, you don't get 3.
- Mass Effect 3's FemShep almost certainly to be blonde
It's probably best if I let the captain express my feelings on this subject.
- Street Fighter x Tekken to use updated netcode
I used to work at an ISP, and these dudes would ring up raging about lag when their pings were fantastic. A poor workman, etc.
- Duke Nukem Forever Hail to the Icons Parody Pack inbound
I find it pretty amusing that the background image on the 2K Blog post is a corpse in a coffin.
Popcorn and jeering await. See you on the other side, my dears.