AU News Wrap, July 26 - What Happened Today
You'll notice a startling lack of productivity from the Australian contingent today, but don't dismay.
I have to go off this afternoon and do some representin' of our fine community to the general media, but if I make it back in time I'll lend Pat and Stace a hand getting some more delightful news up. In the meantime, there's this:
- Get your shift together – Driver Multiplayer hands-on
Stace had a go at Driver: San Francisco's chaotic multiplayer, and liked what he saw. It's piquing my interest, too. Read his impressions.
- Square Enix executive predicts "big leap" in graphics tech with next gen
Square Enix is an industry leader in graphics - see: cinematic trailers - so it's worth listening to what it says about the next step.
- Analysts predict PS3 pulling ahead in console war
In other news, people have differently sized hands! So don't start a ridiculous control pad flame war, please.
- Guarini: Single player games "nowhere close to being doomed"
Elsewhere in this interview, Guarini said having final say over Suda51, Shinji Mikami and Akira Yamaoka - and occasionally saying "no" to them - was "definitely punk rock. Even death metal".
- Pachter: Developers should expect long hours
Rejected headline ideas: "Pachter tells devs to take a shot of cement and harden up". "I'm really glad I'm not a developer." "Man I would like $100,000 a year though, I would buy all the things."
- From Dust PC delayed into August
There is no emoticon sad enough to contain my displeasure. Did Microsoft cough up for a timed exclusive?
- Battlefield 3 alpha and beta testing entry detailed
There are a number of ways to get into the Battlefield 3 tests, but "wishing on a star" may be the most effective.
- The Old Republic trailer asks you to join the fight
I'm not even that into Star Wars, let alone MMOs, and I found this pretty stirring. I imagine Steph had to have a lie down.
The day kicked off with a couple of headlines from Debrabrata which you might have missed.
- Sony explains PS Vita's online features
I'm a fangirl, but they do sound ace. Cross chat at last!
- Disciples III: Resurrection announced
Hardcore strategists have probably already played it in Russian.
- Renegade Ops available for pre-order now
The latest from the developers of Just Cause 2. This strongly interests Nathan and me.
- Short film Assassin’s Creed: Embers announced
The more canon they fill in, the more I fear (hope?) Assassin's Creed is really true.
- Avatar Kinect is now available for download
I don't use my Xbox 360 to talk to people. But if I did I might enjoy this, I guess?
That's all. I'm off to pursue fame and fortune, and some concealer for the wound on my forehead. See you tomorrow!