We're still drowning in fighter news, dominated by Street Fighter x Tekken and Tekken x Street Fighter. Give it a week and the shooters will be back on top.
If you've got some free time today, pop in the AssCreeRev article below to watch a multiplayer preview. It's one of my top picks for the release crunch, so much so that I recently read one of the books. Gosh.
- US PS Store Update, Aug 02 - Minis sale, LittleBigPlanet Toy Story, Qore
Sony deliberately waits until Steph knocks off to release this, because they know I'm anal retentive about formatting the update list unnecessarily.
- Red Orchestra 2 pre-purchase open at ten percent off, with beta access
My obsession with this cult series stems from days working for a PC-centric gaming community.
- Iwata apologises to early 3DS adopters
Ninty's well aware of its reputation for stiffing early adopters alá the constant DS hardware revisions.
- Indie Games Summer Uprising wants your vote
There's so much - forgive me - crap on XBLIG that it's hard to find the gems. Thankfully somebody else is doing the hard work.
- Star Fox design inspired by Thunderbirds, tech issues
The Iwata Asks series is a treasure. Nintendo has such a rich history, and it's been so silent.
- Blizzard files Mists of Pandaria trademark
I'm not that deep into Blizzard and even I'm excited about this. Pandas! <3
- Tekken x Street Fighter to favour classic control system
Tekken, I can do. Street Fighter? Not so much. So this pleases me.
- Assassin's Creed: Revelations multiplayer demo videoed
- Battlefield 3 beta access with Origin pre-order
Sweet bonus on EA-published game when bought through EA-run service? Seems sensible.
- Meier: Games industry set to “grow and expand”
Sid Meier knows games, and he reckons all this diversification is a good thing. So stop complaining that not ever game is Modern Warfare 3 already.
- Tomb Raider's quick time events just a "small sweep" of dramatic toolset
E3 demos can be pretty deceptive - see Fable: The Journey, for example.
- Halfbrick shows off Machine Gun Jetpack
The return of Barry Steakfries.
- XCOM has 'evolved', not 'changed' since initial showing
It wouldn't be the first time marketing played down the unique aspects of a game for fear of scaring off the core.
- Firefall to launch in December
I like the style of this game - release some more screens, guys.
- Final Fantasy Type-0 to get pre-launch demo
I overlooked this, but Johnny can smell Final Fantasy news from four counties over.
- Second Hellgate teaser features distinct lack of gameplay
I basically posted it because I wanted someone else to feel my pain. Sorry!
- Ono keen on Vita features for Street Fighter x Tekken
If the two were to seriously fight, I'd back Harada, but I have a soft spot for Sony fanboys.
- Capcom announces Snoopy for iDevice
Nobody tell my partner about this.
- Sucker Punch: Sony buyout won’t have “much of an effect on day-to-day operations”
Johnny again, getting in before I can finish cropping my cat picture.
That's me out. Today's header image was made for me by the delightful Tim Colwill. It's my overweight cat, and the full version is amazing. Life changing. Mind blowing. No word of a lie. Catch you tomorrow!