Assassin's Creed Valhalla is getting a big new patch today.
Ubisoft has detailed patch 1.1.2 for Assassin's Creed Valhalla, which launches today on all platforms. This is one of the game's biggest so far, with a download size anywhere between 10.23GB on the low end to 19.53GB on the high end.
Update 1.1.2 goes live today at 4am PT, 7am ET, 12pm UK and adds the new River Raids game mode. River Raids is part of the Yule season content, and it offers a replayable mode for you and your Jomsviking crew. You get to raid parts of England over and over for loot and other rewards. River Raids is free for all players, so you just need to download the patch to start one.
The patch also brings three new abilities in the Berserker Trap, Battle Cry, and Shoulder Bash. Berserker Trap is essentially hallucination arrows from more recent Assassin's Creed games. The Battle Cry is a strength buff that also terrifies surrounding enemies.
Players can also unlock six new skills: Assassin Carry, Assassin Slide, Power Stroke, Arrow Looter, Fight Ready, Long Ship Brace.
There's much more in today's update, and you can read the full change log on Ubisoft's blog, or check below for the biggest gameplay improvements.
- Runes and used resources to upgrade Berserker gear will be returned to the player inventory when an item is lost.
- Improved vibration feedback during fishing. Fishing goes BRRRR.
- Addressed an issue that caused players to leave disguise mode if players perform any attack while riding.
- Addressed an issue that prevented players from catching fish in the sea or on coastlines.
- Addressed an issue that caused school of fish to take a long time to respawn after one was caught.
- Items purchased at the Animus Store will only be given to players after returning to England from Vinland.
- Changed predator charge attack animations to give players a little more time to react.
- Addressed an issue that prevented fabric from being available. Everyone liked that.
- Added date of purchase to items listed in the owned section of the store.
- Removed diamond rune slots from gear set pieces other than torsos. Runes that were slotted into these will be returned to the player inventory.
- Addressed various graphics or lighting issues.
- Addressed various texture issues.
- Addressed an issue that caused explosion VFX to be missing when oil jars explode. Oil jars will now go BOOM.
- (PS4/PS5) The Muspell Warg mount will now burn with the fires of Hel!
- The blood of your enemies will now soil all clothing.
- Addressed various character or NPC animation issues.
- Addressed various clipping issues.
- Addressed an issue that prevented visual effects of the Draugr set to be displayed.
- Addressed an issue that caused arrows to disappear from the quiver after reequipping the bow from the inventory.