The Writers Guild of America has released a lit of nominees for its Outstanding Achievement in Videogame Writing category.
The triple-A dominated list includes two different Assassin's Creed entries, an absolute non-shock as the franchise has earned a nomination from the WGA team each year since Assassin's Creed 2.
The WGA's awards are highly coveted but provide a very mainstream-skewed perspective of the state of writing in games; several publishers regularly abstain from submitting potential nominees and here has been much discussion of membership requirements.
The WGA awards ceremony takes place on February 17. The full list of this year's nominations is below, courtesy of The Hollywood Reporter.
- WGAAwards 2013: Outstanding Achievement in Videogame Writing
- 007 Legends, Written By Bruce Feirstein; Activision
- Assassin’s Creed III, Story By Alex Hutchinson, Corey May, Matt Turner; Multiplayer Story By Richard Farrese, Jeffrey Yohalem; Lead Scriptwriter Corey May; Scriptwriter Nicholas Grimwood, Russell Lees, Matt Turner, Danny Wallace, Ceri Young; Ubisoft
- Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation, Scriptwriting by Richard Farrese, Jill Murray; Ubisoft
- Disney Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two, Writing Consultant Marv Wolfman; Disney Interactive Studios
- Halo 4, Narrative Design Christopher Schlerf; Microsoft Studios
- Uncharted: Golden Abyss, Written By John Garvin; Sony Computer Entertainment America