Anthem VIP demo players will have access to four javelins the next time they log in
EA shares more details on the issues that are being worked on in the Anthem demo and rewards VIP players with more javelins.
Following yesterday's update in which Bioware assured players that it didn't under-plan server capacity for the Anthem VIP demo, a second update has been posted today detailing workarounds for persistent problems that are being experienced, like infinite loading screens, and not being able to get past the title screen.
And as a thank you for being
guinea pigs such good sports about it all, VIP demo participants will find a surprise waiting for them the next time they log in.
As a further thank you, all four javelins are available now in the Forge for players who have played in this weekend’s demo. Won’t get a chance to jump in? They will be waiting for VIP participants next weekend!
Log out and back in to see them if you’re in game. pic.twitter.com/TOg24SAW7M
— Anthem (@anthemgame) January 27, 2019
Reactions to the gesture have been mixed, with most of the negative responses coming from players who were unable to get in and play.
The VIP demo kicked off on Friday for those who have pre-ordered the game, and EA access members. Given that the four javelins seem to be a way to placate players, I'd imagine that those who weren't eligible for the VIP demo won't have access to them when they hop into the open demo next weekend.
Going back to the update, it looks like a number of issues were fixed, while a couple are still ongoing. You can check out the details below:
- An infinite loading screen when launching the game or entering an expedition.
- Inability to get past the Anthem title screen. (potential workaround below)
Resolved or Mitigated
- Some Xbox One players are unable to access the Anthem VIP demo. - Resolved
- Rubber-banding during free roam and/or missions. - Mitigated (details below)
- Second javelin not unlocking when reaching level 12. - Resolved (NEW details below)
- Inability to access their Anthem VIP demo friends codes. - Resolved (details below)
Potential User Workarounds & Details
- Stuck at Anthem Title Screen: One reason for getting this message is if you did not redeem your code on the correct EA account. If that happened, please follow the steps on this page.
- Rubber Banding: We identified problems in our infrastructure that were causing some rubber banding. We have already made changes to our back end to improve the performance and will continue to do so over the weekend.
- Unreceived Javelin Unlock Tokens: The second javelins tokens were addressed. As a further thank you, all four javelins are also now available in the forge for players who have played in this weekend’s demo. Won’t get a chance to jump in? They will be waiting for VIP participants next weekend! Log out and back in to see them if you’re in game.
- Friend Code Redemption Workaround:
- Clear your internet browser cache, OR go into incognito/private version of your browser.
- Try to load the page again.