Activision and Infinity Ward have reached a settlement, Jason West and Vince Zampella's attorney has said.
According to LA Times' Ben Fritz: "All parties have reached a settlement in the dispute, the terms of which are strictly confidential."
Speculation has been rife over the terms of the settlement, but Activision has made it clear it's not telling - and that we're unlikely to see any evidence in its financial reports.
"The company does not believe that the incremental one-time charges related to the settlement will result in a material impact on its GAAP or non-GAAP earnings per share outlook for the current quarter or the calendar year, due to stronger-than-expected operating performance in the current quarter," it said in a statement.
Whatever the terms were, the industry as a whole seems pleased that the mess is behind them now - notably EA, which told Kotaku:
"Activision's refusal to pay their talent and attempt to blame EA were absurd. This settlement is a vindication of Vince and Jason, and the right of creative artists to collect the rewards due for their hard work."
Yesterday, it was reported the trial would be delayed to July 1 due to "logistical difficulties assembling a sufficient jury pool."
The judge in the case also stipulated the trial must end on July 2, which would give attorneys on both sides of the case 22 business days to present their arguments. Both sides also had until today, May 31, to reach a settlement before the case was to be resumed.
Earlier this week it was revealed Activision paid out $493 million in bonuses for the Call of Duty franchise, which included the $42 million paid to IW prior to the trial.