Developer Iron Gate Studios has rolled out a big new patch for the popular survival game Valheim that overhauls the terrain system and makes landscaping that bit easier for players.
If you’re eager to do some humongous terrain-based projects in Valheim, you’re going to want to pay attention to the game’s latest update. Though the last patch tweaked Hammer, Hoe and Cultivator timings, this new update (version 0.150.3) does some slightly more in-depth rejigging to the game’s suite of customization tools.
“The new terrain modification system is made to reduce the number of network instances and make loading faster and smoother,” the Valheim developer posted in an update explaining the nuances of the new patch.
“Technically it’s a pretty big change but hopefully you should not notice that much of a difference except some minor behaviour changes to the hoe and pickaxe and of course much smoother loading of areas with a lot of terrain modifications. All terrain modifications after this patch (using the hoe, pickaxe or cultivator) will automatically use the new modification system.”
The terrain system is the headline feature of this update, but there are a few other additions, too. You can see a summary of these items below.
- Swamp draugr spawner location fix to prevent draugrs from spawning inside stones
- Lox pet-sfx fix
- Torches in locations should no longer support constructions
- Dolmen location stone size fix
- New terrain modification system
- Terrain-modification priority changed (Terrain modifications in an area should load before buildings, only applies to the new terrain modification system)
- World loading tweaks (to fix issues with ships and buildings getting damaged while loading)
- Stop server list download when leaving the start menu (to decrease network bandwidth usage)
- Lowered the amount of stone required to Raise ground using the hoe
Perhaps these updates will help Iron Gate Studios’ immensely popular game get even more popular; to date, the Early Access title has sold more than 6 million copies and has reached a record of 500,000 concurrent players on Steam.
If you want some help with playing Valheim, you should check out all our Valheim guides.