Loop Hero, the old-school adventure game from Four Quarters just released yesterday and already has over 150,000 players.
Published by Devolver Digital, Loop Hero was announced at The Game Awards 2020 for release this year.
Hitting Steam on March 4, the game already has an Overwhelmingly Positive score with 1,289 reviews as of press time.
In Loop Hero, the world has been thrown into a timeless loop, plunging its inhabitants into chaos. Using an expanding deck of cards, you will position enemies, buildings, and terrain along the path of each expedition to piece together your hero’s memories and restore balance to the world.
You will also recover and equip loot for each class of hero for battles and expand the survivors’ camp to reinforce each adventure through the loop.
Unlock new classes, new cards, and guardians on your quest to stop the “endless cycle of despair.”
No hero’s expedition is ever the same and only those resourceful enough will be able to overcome the guardian bosses as they strive to break the time loop of the Lich.
- Infinite Adventure: Select from unlockable character classes and deck cards before setting out on each expedition along a randomly generated loop path. No expedition is ever the same as the ones before it.
- Plan Your Struggle: Strategically place building, terrain, and enemy cards along each loop to create your own dangerous path. Find a balance between the cards to increase your chances of survival while recovering valuable loot and resources for your camp.
- Loot and Upgrade: Strike down menacing creatures, recover stronger loot to equip on the fly, and unlock new perks along the way.
- Expand Your Camp: Turn hard-earned resources into campsite upgrades and gain valuable reinforcements with each completed loop along the expedition path.
- Save the Lost World: Overcome a series of unholy guardian bosses over a grand saga to save the world and break the time loop of the Lich