Overnight, Square Enix unveiled the upcoming expansion for Final Fantasy 14 titled Endwalker. It was also announced the game is coming to PS5.
Scheduled to release fall 2021 for Mac, PC, PS4, and PS5, Final Fantasy 14: Endwalker features the climax of Hydaelyn and Zodiark story. In the expansion, the Warriors of Light will encounter a great calamity as they travel to the far reaches of Hydaelyn and to the moon. This will bring the story-arc started with A Realm Reborn to a conclusion, but Endwalker sets the stage for new adventures.
Endwalker was debuted during the Final Fantasy 14 Announcement Showcase by producer and director Naoki Yoshida.
The new expansion brings with it multiple new jobs, an increased level cap, new areas, updates to the battle system, new challenges, and crafter and gatherer content.
Here’s what to expect:
- Journey to Thavnair, the imperial capital of Garlemald, and even the Moon
- New Jobs: Sage and more – A first look at the Sage in action can be seen here
- Level Cap Increase from 80 to 90
- Expansive new areas, including Garlemald, Thavnair, and the city of Radz-at-Han
- A New Tribe: the Arkasodara
- New threats, including Anima
- New Dungeons
- New High-Difficulty Raid: Pandæmonium
- Secrets Revealed in a New Alliance Raid Series
- New Small-scale PvP Mode
- An Additional “Trust” System ally: Estinien Wyrmblood
- A New Residential District: Ishgard
- Updates to the Gold Saucer
- Relaxing Fun in Island Sanctuary
- New Gear and Crafting Recipes
- Expanded Horizons via the Data Center Travel System
During the showcase, Yoshida also revealed the upcoming PlayStation 5 version of the game, which is scheduled to launch into open beta on April 13.
The PlayStation 5 version will feature numerous upgrades from the PS4 version, including improved frame rates, faster load times, 4K resolution support, and more. PS4 owners who have the game will be able to download and play the PS5 version at no extra cost at the start of the open beta period.
The full version of the game will be available on PS5 following the conclusion of the open beta, so expect the full PS5 release sometime in April.
You can look forward to more information on Endwalker during the Final Fantasy 14 Digital Fan Festival 2021, scheduled for May 14-15. It will be streamed for free on the official channels.
If you have been wanting to give the game a try, the Free Trial includes all content from A Realm Reborn and the Heavensward expansion, as well as an additional playable race, and three additional playable jobs.