Two games are free on the Epic Games Store this week.
Your free games this week on the Epic Games Store are Metro: Last Light Redux and For the King.
For the King is a blend of strategy, turn-based combat, and roguelike elements. Each playthrough is unique with procedural maps, quests, and events. You can play it in single-player with two AI companions, co-op with one AI companion, or with two other friends. Just beware: if your party wipes, you have to start all over.
Metro: Last Light is a remastered version of the sequel to Metro 2033, and takes place a year after it’s events.
For the King and Metro: Last Light Redux will be free until February 11 when they are replaced by Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition.
Halcyon 6: Lightspeed Edition is a space strategy RPG with base building, tactical combat, crew management, and emergent storytelling. It is the enhanced version of Halcyon 6.
Here are some of its features:
- Base Building: spend resources to build station facilities (rooms) to enhance your production and technological capabilities, or build ships to help you control more territory
- Exploration: assign your fleets to nearby star clusters, where they can handle emerging enemy threats, do missions for alien factions or secure bonus resources
- Crew Management: assign crew to station facilities to greatly improve their output efficiency, or to ships where they can contribute in unique ways to combat, missions and events
- Deep Tactical Combat: fight tactical ship or ground battles to resolve hostile events, create a foothold in the sector and ultimately defeat the enemy mothership!
- Story Events: based on game criteria like rooms-built, alien diplomacy scores or officer traits/skills, the game will produce story events (often with multiple choice outcomes) that can lead to combat, time-related applied bonuses/negatives, officer attribute changes or any number of crazy in-game stories.
It will be free from February 11-18.